Head of Group Health and Safety
Location : Poole, Dorset
Salary : Highly Competitive Salary
We have an exciting and unique opportunity to join our team as Head of Group Health and Safety to provide strategic leadership for Health and Safety across multiple sites. Our diverse environment provides a rewarding opportunity to add value and drive forward our health and safety standards.
Key Responsibilities :
• Evolve and implement the group health and safety strategy consistently across all DB Foods sites.
• Drive health and safety compliance gaining buy-in from the leadership team.
• Deliver measureable results that contribute to overall business objectives.
• Develop a continuous improvement culture where health and safety is core to the activities of the business.
• Review existing and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the company has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
• Develop and oversee the health and safety objectives through the Safety Steering group.
• Deliver training for key machinery or processes in relation to Health and Safety. Support the delivery safety training programmes, including induction, COSHH.
• Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place at the various facilities. Manage risk assessment programme to ensure appropriate control measures are in place. Investigate incidents to identify root cause.
• Manage contractors, ensuring documentation (RAMS etc) are received prior to work commences, plus issuing of permit to works.
• Stay up to date with the latest H&S legislation and developments.
• NEBOSH diploma and Grad IOSH essential.
• Experience of working in a multi-site organisation within food manufacturing desirable but not essential.
• Experience of working in health and safety at an operational and strategic level essential.
• A proven track record of driving continuous improvement of health and safety is required.
• Confident carrying out strategic and operational health and safety in a standalone role.
What We Offer :
• Highly competitive salary, dependent on experience.
• Discounted meat and Muscle Food Products.
• Job variety, working with all functions across the business.
To apply for this position, please complete our application form.