Site Electrical Engineer
Location : Poole, Dorset.
Salary : Salary dependent on experience
DB Foods is the leading UK Independent Meat Wholesaler of bespoke meat, poultry, game and deli.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering Team to provide on-site support and advice on matters relating to the Electrical policy and legislation within our food production and warehouse units, as well as across the Company in Poole, Dorset.
45 hours a week Monday – Friday (some weekend work may be required
Key Responsibilities :
- To provide at site level, technical and safety advice on matters relating to the Electrical Policy and Electrical legislation requirements.
- To maintain and develop the plant's SCADA, PLC and advanced control systems. To drive initiatives in improving the plant control systems and provide technical leadership for the System/ Shift technician group.
- Will be required to influence site Engineering with respect to allocation of resources on Electrical Engineering Activities.
- Supports decisions on overall maintenance strategy as defined by Site Engineering Manager.
- Ensure that all site electrical documentation is kept up to date and available at all times.
- Manage the delivery of planned PM schedules for electrical inspection and testing of production equipment as well as the delivery of the site support contracts & and system upgrades to maintain the site control systems.
- Implement software changes to the system to deliver plant and business requirements and ensure use of a change control process for all programmable systems on site.
- Experience working in a role related to electrical engineering within an industrial or commercial environment essential including electrical maintenance and installation.
- FMCG experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of Electrical safety systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of mechanical systems through qualifications and/or experience.
- Training & in depth knowledge in Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Familiar with PLC, SCADA and motor control systems (desirable).
- Knowledge of HV distribution systems – not required to work on HV systems
- Knowledge of LV distribution systems.
- Familiar with requirements for periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Trained in Permit to Work systems – issue, receipt and cancellation.
- Trained in auditing contractor’s installations and verifying compliance with DB standards
- Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of SCADA systems, PC programmes and networks(desirable).
- Able to demonstrate basic skills in high-level language programming.
Time served Apprenticeship, Electrical HNC or City & Guilds equivalent
Trained in IEE Wiring Regulations – 18th Edition, C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing
What We Offer :
To apply for this position, please complete our application form.